After a brief period, I decided to start making video game music again, on the regular forum. This time I decided to add more cinematic elements to this years portfolio work. Starting with...
![]() |
| Figure 1: Fallout 1 |
The first piece was - https://soundcloud.com/jamesandrewharrisgrant/videogameportfolio_tribal
inspired by Mark Morgan's work on the Fallout series. The theme I took inspiration from was the theme from Fallout 1 called A Trader's Life - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OTqEfRk0lI
To which I based a tribal themed piece on. (linked above)
![]() |
| Figure 2: Silent Hill 1 |
The Second Piece was - https://soundcloud.com/jamesandrewharrisgrant/creepy-ambience based from various sound works by Akira Yamaoka, especially from the first and second Silent Hill games pictured above - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzs9T1188wA
As I had mentioned in my introductory blog, I wanted to attribute some form of my work into the creation of pieces influenced by the people who had inspired me to become a composer. So I followed by creating two pieces in the style of Mark Morgan and Akira Yamaoka.
This helped me understand somethings I had not yet discovered, by studying the MIDI files of the most influential people in my professional aptitude.
I felt this topic was a very large area for me to speak about so I separated it into two parts. One speaking about the efforts, in which I developed my skills from studying pieces of music and the MIDI files from the people who influenced me.
And the second which documents my own work on Soundtrack Production.


No comments:
Post a Comment