My work was derived from the knowledge I have gained from musical theory and composition lessons I had received from a Music Technology course.
| Figure 1: Credit |
The games music was heavily constructed using atmospheric, sad, and electronic elements. I tried to keep an ominous theme going throughout as the game is a lot more darker than people realize.
As the figure above indicates, I am not the only person involved in the composition for the mod.
This is the first piece I submitted for the mod, this was for the Spirit Temple, taking the themes I had studied from the original Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time soundtrack.
The note progression of the harp section in the main piece is G, G, D. – G#, G, D#. These 3 notes are made into a triad chord that is showcased in the final seconds of the song. This idea is re-used and is roughly incorporated into the string section.
The general idea, with this piece, like I said before was to make it sound ominous and atmospheric.
Ideally I tried to give the overall song a desert/eastern sounding theme, to convey a balanced, dark, and cinematic sound.
Voyager of Time was completed, and the music I had created was implemented to the game. However there was issues with the music importation and this was left for a couple of hours.
The work I did for Voyager, led to me getting a spot on the sequel for the game Shattered Fate. I spoke with the major team members and the developer of the first mod, and through good communication I was able to start working immediately.
Voyager of Time was completed, and the music I had created was implemented to the game. However there was issues with the music importation and this was left for a couple of hours.
The work I did for Voyager, led to me getting a spot on the sequel for the game Shattered Fate. I spoke with the major team members and the developer of the first mod, and through good communication I was able to start working immediately.
No comments:
Post a Comment